Spartan Bioscience Inc. today announced the commercial launch of the Spartan DXTM real-time PCR (polymerase chain reaction) DNA analyzer. The Spartan DXTM provides DNA results in 30 minutes or less for 4 samples at a time. It is available at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of USD $14,995. Spartan is now accepting orders for shipment during the month of July.
Highly accurate DNA testing is the "gold standard" for molecular diagnostics, but is slow and expensive since batched, mainframe-style DNA machines are designed for highly-trained scientists in high-throughput environments.
In contrast, the Spartan DXTM is designed for non-batched, on-demand DNA applications where speed and convenience are important. Applications include low-throughput research experiments and non-batched testing for infectious diseases.
The Spartan DXTM has been validated against industry-leading real-time PCR machines. It is proven to be compatible with industry-standard consumables, including inexpensive reaction tubes and real-time PCR reagents and kits from leading manufacturers.
"In the same way that mainframe computers gave rise to personal computers, mainframe DNA machines are giving rise to personal DNA analyzers," said Dr. Paul Lem, Chief Executive Officer of Spartan. "DNA is in every organism on the planet and there will be major benefits as DNA testing becomes widely available."
Impact? Why is this significant?
Just think back to Bill Gates and his garage
Thanks to both Jack Smith and Mark D. Kershey for the heads up on this
Walter Derzko -"Changing the world, one idea at a time"©
Expert, Consultant and Keynote Speaker on Emerging Smart Technologies, Innovation, Strategic Foresight, Business Development, Lateral Creative Thinking and author of an upcoming book on the Smart Economy "
The Smart Technology Blog: The Smart Economy -- Read, enjoy, explore, speculate, comment !!
To arrange for an in house presentation or briefing on smart technology see here
- ".....Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare"-old Japanese proverb
- ".......Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to." -- H. Mumford Jones
- ".......Without changing our patterns of thought, we will not be able to solve the problems we created with our current pattern of thought." --A. Einstein
- ".......Change is difficult, but complacency and stagnation are surefire showstoppers..." --Walter Derzko
- ".......Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
- ".......Small minds discuss people; Average minds discuss events; Great minds discuss ideas; --Anon
P. S. if this is your first visit to my blog, please go to our Welcome page