Today marks the 1st anniversary of the Smart Economy Blog. We've received many encouraging feedback & emails from our readers over the past year and good suggestions from positive-focused critics for future improvements.
- According to Pingpoat, The Smart Economy Blog is worth is $1011.17! per day
- Inbound links: 1085
- Technorati rank: 34,021
So today, I'm announcing a series of new "smart" initiatives that we will be kicking off in October 2006.
The Smart Economy is growing exponentially and so are we, right along with it.
Smart Economy Learning Series-monthly workshops in Toronto
Starting in October 2006, we will be launching a monthly series of one-day workshops on topics that our blog readers say interest them. These include:
- Latest Tools for Advanced Environmental Scanning, Managing Information Overload and Sense-making ( October 12, 2006, BCE Place Toronto) email me asking for a registration form
- Lateral thinking in business (Date TBA)
- Developing foresight in your business or industry (Date TBA)
- Resolving conflicts and disputes using lateral thinking (Date TBA)
- The Opportunity Clinic --Scanning your business environment for Opportunities(Date TBA)
- The Idea Lab --Designing smart products and services that will drive business development forward (Date TBA)
- Introduction to Business Development --Tracking emerging technologies as threats or opportunities for your business (Date TBA)
- Technology Assessment for Investment Professionals & High Tech Startups (Date TBA)
- Building a Busines Case for Smart Devices, objects and services (Date TBA)
- Designing winning business modles for Smart Technologies (Date TBA)
Register today, since space will be limited. Past workshops have sold out quickly.
The Smart Economy Web Page
We are finally in the last stages of planning and constructing our new web site for the Smart Economy. Watch out for launch date soon.
The Smart Economy Webinar Series.
Also starting in October 2006, we will host a monthly opportunity for our blog readers to phone in and participate in a "live seminar" which will include power-point slides and a Q&A session, all from the comfort of your PC or laptop. It will be on some current topic related to the smart economy and some rising smart technology that will be coming into prominence soon. This will be a subscription based series.... We will try to keep the price reasonable so that everyone can participate. Subscription information & schedule will be out soon. Watch for announcements.
Thanks again for all your ideas and keep the feedback coming in.
Expert, Consultant and Keynote Speaker on Emerging Smart Technologies, Innovation, Strategic Foresight,, Business Development, Lateral Creative Thinking and author of an upcoming book on the Smart Economy "
To arrange for an in house presentation on smart technology see here
.....Strategy without action is a day-dream; action without strategy is a nightmare"- old Japanese proverb
.......Ours is the age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to. - H. Mumford Jones
"Without changing our patterns of thought, we will not be able to solve the problems we created with our current pattern of thought." A. Einstein
P. S. if this is your first visit to my blog, please go to our Welcome page